What is a custom hashtag? It's a hashtag created by you, it's unique and no one else already used it.
Why would I need that? There are many good reasons to create your brand hashtag:
- Using it on all your posts will group them, if people come across that hashtag they will see all of your posts
- You can tell your audience to post, or regram, using that hashtag. This will increase reach and engagement
- You can advertise it, a hashtag holds more reach power than your profile name and can be used as well with other profiles on different social media
Do you use a lot of hashtags in your captions?Add some style to your Hashtags
How to create one? All you need it's a lot of creativity, it might be simple to think about a hashtag but you need to check that no one (or very little people) already used it. To check if a hashtag is used simply tap on the Instagram search bar, tap on Hashtags and write yours, you need to look for a hashtag with little to no posts using it.
Tips for creating your custom hashtag
- Use something reminding your profile name
- Stretch words related to the content of your posts
- Look at hashtags used in popular photos and try to change them a little